Make exercising fun for you and your kids
- September 14, 2020
- #TFI #thefitnessinfo
- 0 Comment
If you need to take care of your kids but also need to exercise, why not do them both. We’d all seen memes and posts on the internet about parents winning at taking care of the kids/baby while doing their own thing.
So why not incorporate that with your kid’s playtime. I’m sure they would love it. On my previous post, I urged you to Start a fitness program now!
I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old they would get curious every time I do a plank or when I awkwardly do a push up.
So here are some exercise ideas you can enjoy with the kids.
- Your kids as the dumbell, My 6 year old loves to hug and grab on to me so I let her act as my dumbell as I do arm lifts.
- For my 2 year, I lie on the floor with her lying on my chest horizontally I do a crunch. She acts as weight which adds difficulty to my crunches but hey she had fun and was laughing all the time.
- Let the kids ride on your back while you do planks. A 30 second plank is already hard as I’ve experienced in my last post on the Benefits of Planking, why not add another degree of difficulty, but at least the kids are entertained.
- Leg lifts, my 6 six year old likes to cling to my legs while I’m walking so I do a variation and let her cling to my leg as I lift it, then repeat on the other side. For an extreme challenge try whats here on my Easy Leg Workouts post.
- I carry my 2 year old as I do a squat, then while still carrying my 2 year old I do a single leg squat.
- I also do a step up while carrying my 2 year old and my 6 year old hugging my back. For reference you can check my Top 5 Leg Exercise for Men.
#stayathome #TFIfitnessjourney #exercisewithkids